On the FIRST DAY OF AN ABSENCE, the school should be called. Absence excuses are required by law and should include: child's name, date of absence, and parent signature.
STUDENTS ARRIVING TARDY must go to the office for an admit slip.
- OFF-CAMPUS PERMITS during classtime will be issued for EMERGENCIES only. Parents, please attempt to schedule medical, dental, etc. appointments during non-class time. Please send a note to school requesting off-campus permits when necessary or come in and sign your child out in the office.
STUDENT PHONE USE is limited to staff approved calls.
CALLS WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED DURING TEACHER TIME. The office staff will be happy to take messages and leave them in teacher mail boxes.
VISITORS: Students are NOT PERMITTED to bring visitors to school, such as brothers, sisters, relatives, or out-of-town guests.
Students are responsible for LOSS OR DAMAGE TO BOOKS that are the property of school or school library.
- Students MAY NOT BUY, SELL OR TRADE goods or food at school.
1. Students are to:
- enter quietly with their class.
- sit in designated places on the floor (unless chairs are provided for all students) with their class.
- stay quietly in their locations. They are expected to be respectful and courteous.
- visit with neighbors at a whisper before the assembly begins.
2. Appreciation is to be shown by clapping only.
3. Students will be removed from assembly to sit in hall for inappropriate behavior.
4. Citations may be given.
5. Teachers will model quiet, courteous, and appropriate audience behavior.
6. Teachers will stay with their students and supervise their behavior.